w e l p.
Thanks to the company that owns my day job getting sold, I no longer have one. In situations like this, I have seen many of my Tumblr comrades offer art commissions.
I am not an artist — at least not in the drawing/painting/digital sense of the word. At least not one skilled enough that I’d feel okay charging money for it.
I am a musician and songwriter.
So I’m going to try something that I’ve seen less people attempt but sounds like a ball and a half: SONG COMMISSIONS!
- $20 per minute
- So a 2-minute song would be $40 and a 4-minute song would be $80
- So basically tell me the maximum amount you’re willing to pay and I will write a song of that length or shorter
- If you give me a 2-minute limit and a song ends up being 2:15 or like 2:02 don’t worry about those extra seconds we cool
- You choose the topic!
- You could have a theme song for your fanfic
- Think about it
- NO DOCTOR WHO
- Not because I don’t like Doctor Who but I have a band and all my Doctor Who songwriting skillz must go to them
- When your song is finished and payment has gone through you will receive a recording of me singing YOUR SONG accompanied by acoustic guitar
- You are free to do anything with this recording except sell it yourself
- So yeah send it to all your friends, post it on your website or blog, idgaf as long as you don’t charge for it
- I reserve all rights to record it professionally, put it on an album and sell it myself if it turns out to be superawesome
If you need evidence of my skills I have already released a solo album (/surreptitiously drops link to another place where you can give me money).
If you want to know which fandoms I’m most familiar with you can check my blog (although I am 100% willing to write non-fandom songs as well).
If you have any questions or would like to commission a song, drop a note in my ask!